Journal "Modern Problems of Science and Education. Surgery" is a translated version of the surgical section of the Russian journal "Modern Problems of Science and Education "(ISSN 2070-7428).
The Russian-language version of the journal Modern Problems of Science and Education is an authoritative and popular medical periodical in the Russian Federation. The Journal has been published since 2005, arouses the active interest of Russian and foreign scientists. The publication is included in the Q1 of the SCIENCE INDEX rating of the leading Russian science metrics base Russian Scientific Citation Index (RSCI), ranking 13th among all medical journals (590 publications) and 81st among all journals indexed by the RSCI and participating in the SCIENCE INDEX program (more than 4000 publications).
The journal ranks 6th among all Russian scientific journals according to Google Scholar, its 5-year Hirsch index is 39, h-5 median - 43. https://scholar.google.ru/citations?view_op=top_venues&hl=en&vq=ru
Articles for publication in the translated version of "Modern Problems of Science and Education. Surgery" is selected by an authoritative editorial board formed from specialists and experts from around the world.
The journal publishes original scientific articles and literature reviews covering important clinical observations, surgical methods, experimental surgery, research, cultural and historical topics relevant to surgery and related fields.
To a large extent, the journal Modern Problems of Science and Education. Surgery "is clinical, but we are also open to publishing the results of basic research with clinical significance.
Issues are published quarterly (4 issues per year).
AIMS, SCOPE AND STRATEGY OF THE JOURNAL
The main aim and mission of the translated version of "Modern Problems of Science and Education. Surgery" is a development of modern surgical science by accumulating, globalizing and freely disseminating in English the latest medical information, knowledge and developments that unite all surgical specialties.
The main objectives and strategy of the journal:
- Communicating to the world scientific community by publishing in English information about research, which results are published in the Russian-language version of the journal "Modern Problems of Science and Education;
- Expanding the readership of high-quality articles reflecting recent achievements and new developments in all areas of surgery, both clinical and experimental;
- Free provision to a wide range of readers, researchers, scientists, medical specialists of advanced scientific information in the field of surgery for further research and use in practical activities;
- Selection of the most significant scientific materials on surgery published in the journal "Modern Problems of Science and Education";
-Integration of Russian and international surgical science;
- High-quality translation of materials into English (abstracts of articles are translated by Elsevier Translation Service specialists, texts of the articles are translated by English-speaking specialists in their fields);
- Cooperation of reputable Russian and international specialists in editorial board of the journal;
- Attraction of leading scientists and specialists from different countries of the world for publication in the journal;
- Cooperation of Russian and foreign authors and specialists for conducting joint research, the results of which are published in the journal.
JOURNAL PUBLISHING MODEL
Articles of the journal “Modern Problems of Science and Education. Surgery” are available to everyone as free Open Access to the results of research contributes to the increase of medical knowledge. The publishing in the journal "Modern problems of science and education. Surgery" is free for authors.